How do you take your potential customer from attraction to sale? More and more businesses are sending online traffic to well-scripted and designed landing pages, from where the visitor is taken on that very journey.
The customer is convinced more and more at every stage that the product or service being advertised is just what they need. End result – a pretty high conversion rate.
These landing pages can be incorporated into websites, but dedicated landing page software has recently changed the landscape, focusing purely on the sales funnel process, allowing entrepreneurs to get up and running quickly and manage the whole process far easier.
You may be here, too, because you’re considering using landing page software to achieve sales for your business. It’s becoming an increasingly popular route to riches.
But which piece of software should you use? I’m going to give you details of the three market leaders to help you choose.
Take up the landing page free trials
As I always say, ‘try before you buy’ whenever you can. All three of these sales funnel solutions have free trials so you will spend and lose nothing by giving them a chance to impress you.
ClickFunnels is perhaps the landing page software that has attracted the most attention, after they claimed that traditional business websites were dead. Not fit for purpose. Not fit to make sales.
They claim that if you want to make sales today – and let’s face it, most websites are on the internet to do exactly that – we should be looking at an alternative way of doing things.
Now as we know, technology and communication changes at a rapid pace, so it’s always worth hearing out such claims.
But the biggest eye opener here is the hard facts.
There are now approaching 100,000 businesses and entrepreneurs using ClickFunnels, instead of a traditional website, to reach potential customers.
More than five million funnels (the journey from attraction to sale) have been created through ClickFunnels.
And these have brought in business worth nearly $4 billion to date.
So this is obviously a serious development in business marketing.
I’ve asked in another blog, should your business be using a website or landing page software?
But you’re probably here because you like the idea of the faster return on investment that landing pages bring.
Four or five pages can work together and act as a sales funnel. This walks people through each step of the sales process.
With the intention of converting them from visitors into paying customers.
And you can increase revenue further by upselling along the way, adding another product or service here and there.
But let’s get down to detail and look at the Pros and Cons of the three leaders in this field – ClickFunnels, Instapage and Leadpages.
- ClickFunnels is an all-in-one solution. For most this will be seen as a pro, because everything you need is in one package.
- This all-in-one delivery includes an email auto-responder to help you build a crucial email list without having to physically email everyone on it. Neither do you need to integrate with additional email software such as Mailchimp.
- Other additional features built in include an automated SMS messenger service and a shopping cart.
- There are funnels for every business and every purpose, and you will be guided into using the one most appropriate for your needs. This makes it very easy to get up and running very quickly.
- Creating pages is simple, adding text, images and video far easier than you can on many website builder platforms. No coding is required.
- All templates look and work great on mobile phone as well.
- Your whole business is easier to manage because you won’t have to zip from one application to another to check how things are progressing – everything is under one roof.
- ClickFunnels is ideal as a landing page builder, integrated with other essential marketing tools. But there are more options to customise templates and pages with Instapage and Leadpages.
- The price might put some people off, as it is more expensive than Instapage and Leadpages. But if you think it makes the whole funnel building and management process more simple and quick, you may think the trade-off is worth it.
I always encourage to try before you buy. This could be just the software you are looking for to boost your business and get an early Return On Investment.
But you’ve got nothing to lose by first roadtesting ClickFunnels with their 14-day FREE TRIAL. Try it below.
- Instapage makes the actual landing page-building process a joy. You just drag-and-drop well-designed elements onto the page, so within minutes you could have a great looking landing page.
- There are more template options than with ClickFunnels – more than 100 in fact. And you can download even more.
- Its design options get even better. There is an inline CSS editor, and more than 5,000 Google and Typekit fonts. It’s a designer’s dream, but you don’t have to be one to set up smart pages.
- If you have a WordPress website, you can actually run both this and Instapage together. A plugin allows you to add your landing page to your website.
- You can still incorporate email marketing and other tools and tactics – you just have to use other pieces of software which Instapage integrates with very well.
- The pages are mobile responsive – they look great on all devices.
- You have the option of A/B testing, with analytics helping you see which pages are working well and which need tweaking.
- There are more than a million pages that have been created with Instapage, and the official figure is that these are yielding an impressive sales conversion rate above 20%.
- Instapage is great landing page software, but if you want to do anything more, such as integrate with social media or email marketing, you have to connect with outside applications.
- While Instapage sell this as a pro-point, die to all the marketing integrations available, it will make management and maintenance of your funnels a little more complex, but something you’d get used to.
Instapage is a great package and allows you to design fantastic looking pages.
It’s cheaper than ClickFunnels but that’s because a complete sales and marketing funnel relies on several processes – and they are not all built into one dashboard here.
If you can live with that, you should consider Instapage, but remember – try before you buy!
Check out the FREE, no obligation, 14-day Instapage trial here…
- Leadpages has more features than both ClickFunnels and Instapage. Although we are looking at landing pages here, you can also create websites, pop-ups, alert bars and social media ads.
- There is much more customization available. Apart from there being more than 200 free and paid-for landing page templates, there is an HTML editor for any designers who want to get more creative.
- If you don’t want to tweak the templates, no worries – you can set up great-looking landing pages within minutes with no coding knowledge thanks to a user-friendly drag-and-drop page builder.
- Leadpages landing pages look and work great on mobile.
- Like Instapage, you can publish content to your WordPress website via a simple plugin.
- Exclusive technology predicts your page’s performance before you even publish it – and tells you what to improve.
- If you get more successful, you won’t pay a penny more. Unlike other packages, there are no limits on the numbers of page visitors or leads collected, right from the off.
- Again, it’s a pro that Leadpages can integrate with so many business marketing tools, but also a con for some that this means management of your funnels and pages will be more complicated – as everything is not in one place, as it is with ClickFunnels.
Leadpages is more similar to Instapage, in that it you must integrate with other apps to complete the sales marketing funnel, rather than everything being in one place, as with ClickFunnels.
Like Instapage, it is more customizable, but Leadpages offers even more features.
The unlimited traffic feature from the start is a great bonus, but again, you should try before you buy – take out the FREE Leadpages trial here.
While you try out the different pieces of software, consider the pricing of all three options to help you make your decision.
Packages start from $97 (£78 / €86) per month, allowing you to create up to 20 funnels and 100 pages for a maximum of 20,000 visitors per month, with three custom domains.
The $297 package (£239 / €265 per month) gives an unlimited supply of all the above.
The premium choice also incorporates email marketing tools, including autoresponder, and allows you to have affiliates selling your products or services.
ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial, remember, so you can try either plan at no cost.
The pricing structure for Instapage is a little confusing, as it starts with the Core plan for $99 per month, if paid annually (£80 / €88 per month), with the Enterprise plan customised for your needs at a rate to be negotiated between yourself and the sales team.
Extra features included in the enterprise plan include greater options on design and analytics.
Try out the plans with the Instapage free trial.
There are three plans here. All plans offer Unlimited Landing Pages, Unlimited Pop-ups, Unlimited Alert Bars, Unlimited Traffic and Leads, a Free Custom Domain with the annual purchase, Free Hosting, more than 200 Landing Page Templates, a Facebook and Instagram Ad Builder and Weekly Group Coaching.
The plans start with Standard ($25 / £20 / €22 per month), which allows you to create one website.
The Pro package ($48 / £39 / €43 per month) adds online sales and payments, A/B split testing and 10 text campaigns, with three websites.
The Pro package ($199 / £160 / €177 per month) allows you to build 50 websites and includes advanced integrations, 50 text campaigns and virtual workshops.
Again, Leadpages offers a FREE trial so you can try it out for no cost whatsoever. It would be silly not to!
- Where foreign exchange rates are quoted, these were correct at the time of writing.